After you or your group receives the email confirmation assigning the time and location for decorating we request you please report no later than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time! Time is needed at the site to purchase PetalPushers clothing, to check-in by submitting the completed Group Check-In List, and to receive important safety information. Check-in is at the PetalPushers© tent at each decorating site. Look for the "PetalPusher©" sign. This process can be expedited if the check-in form is completed in advance and should always be completed for groups of 5 or more.
This year, PetalPushers will work at a new location:
Phoenix Decorating Company
5400 Irwindale Ave at Ornelas Street
Irwindale, CA 91706
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start for sign-in, instructions, and pizza order (optional).
A concession booth run by The Lutheran Hour Float Committee will be serving soda, coffee, hot chocolate, donuts, candy and snacks.
PetalPusher©/Pizza Hut© Meal Deal:
Your cost is $4.50 per order and includes a Pizza Hut individual pan pizza and a can of soda or bottled water. The choices are cheese or cheese and pepperoni. Orders should be placed when you check-in for decorating. In order to get everyone fed in a timely manner, a Pizza Order Form is requested to be completed prior to arrival (click on the blue link). A group representative should be selected who is responsible for the collection of money and to assist with the distribution of your order. The pizza orders are scheduled to arrive at the lunch or dinner breaks at the respective work sites. Please stay working until the lunch announcement has been made at each building. Pizza Hut donates $1.00 per pizza to the Lutheran Hour Ministries Float Committee.
Decorating Dress Code:
Dress WARM because it's often COLD in the warehouse. Buildings are NOT heated in order to keep the flowers at their best. Please dress accordingly. Temperatures in Pasadena are cool this time of year (60s - 70s during the day, 50s at night). Rain is always a possibility, but since we are indoors you won't get wet; however, this may make temperatures much cooler.
- All decorators MUST wear closed-toe shoes. Sandals/flip-flops/slippers/etc. are NOT safe and individuals without proper footwear will not be allowed in the building.
- A Petal Pushers® T-shirt/Sweatshirt is REQUIRED in order to gain admission to the decorating building during decorating week (December 26th - December 31st). These items can be purchased at each decoration location at FULL price. Please purchase your shirts on-line before you arrive. Link to: CLOTHING
- No radios, headsets, earbuds or ear phones are allowed in the decorating buildings.
- Cell phones are not to be used inside the building
- Parking is Limited. Watch for and obey the "NO PARKING" signs. Your car may be towed or ticketed.
- Please be courteous to everyone. Be a good Christian witness.
- HAVE FUN!
- We look forward to meeting all of you. May the Lord bless all of you in your travels to Pasadena.
A church service will be held on Sunday, December 30th, 2018 at 7:30am.